Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Friday Morning

Apparently my last posting--an analysis of the Generation X mindset--caused a bunch of dirty words to come up for AdSense, so my advertisements have been shut down. Check it out: did I write anything THAT bad? Guess so. Oh, well.

*

Remember that book reading list I hacked out earlier in January? Well, if I want to get into the spirit of things for my Europe trip, I might need to add a couple, like:

  • A Moveable Feast and A Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway (read one already, but what the heck)
  • Ulysses, James Joyce (Ouch--I avoided this one in English Lit)
  • A whole bunch of travel books
  • Some foreign language training videos (my French is nil, ditto my Italian)

*

My mother finds it curious that I am both future focused (working for the space business) and past focused (reading a lot of history). It sort of makes sense to me, as I'm trying to understand what social patterns worked in the past as a way for describing how we might best establish ourselves out there. I still haven't given up my plans to write some science fiction.

*

I dug through the latest Europe travel book, and I will have a list of potential places to visit on the trip. Onward and upward.

No comments: