Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Potpourri II

Steve Jobs gave a pretty decent commencement address at Stanford University in 2005...

...during which he referenced something we used to have in the Leahy household: The Whole Earth Catalog, which has now gone online. I didn't have much use for it as a kid, but the Catalog did feature one science fiction novel: Dune by Frank Herbert.

And following from the same hippie ethos that powered the Catalog, Doc referred me to a farming cooperative here in Northern Alabama, which allows people to buy fresh-off-the-farm foods for a relatively minimal cost. Best for families--it's a lot of food!

And the last bit of fun from the hash in my head this evening...I'm now six months away from going to Europe. Huzzah!

Oh, wait. One more thing...some new thoughts on space policy from Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin. Okay, I'm done.

No comments: