Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Bowing to Obama

I'm supposed to be polite and "give Obama a chance" and show appropriate respect for the man and this historic moment. How dare I question the man before he's even sworn in? (I listened to his speeches and analyzed his policies, that's how I dare.) But nevertheless, fine. I will behave myself tomorrow. But I expect quid pro quo. I'll establish a moratorium on pounding the President-elect as long as the left stops blaming George W. Bush for everything wrong with the country, "crimes against humanity," and other foolishness. Oh, never mind...

I'm reading The Forgotten Man, a history of The Great Depression. The ideas and methods Hoover and Roosevelt tried to use to solve that problem are eerily familiar and, by the way, didn't work then, either.

No comments: