Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Potpourri XLVI

Lori Garver, a former Associate Administrator for NASA and also a former National Space Society Executive Director, was been selected by President Obama to be the Deputy Administrator for NASA. I consider that a good thing.

From Jon S., a link re: Lego releasing designs by Frank Lloyd Wright. Woo hoo!

From Father Dan, a YouTube video on a very cool VW factory in Dresden.

Speaking of Germany, if you'd like to get an American's perspective on living in Germany, I highly recommend checking out the podcasts of my friend Jennifer. She's a fun person I went to UCF with backindaday who is now a wife and mother over in Deutschland, and she has a very soothing voice. She'd be great on NPR (and I mean that in a good way).

My buddy (and "work wife") Erika is running in the Cotton Row run tomorrow. Guess I'd better show up.

The price for my Kindle Wall Street Journal subscription went up to $14.99 per month. That's one thing I suppose I can look forward to if I want to pay for content. Sigh. Still a darned good newspaper.

Just saw this on Facebook, and found it sufficiently interesting to add. This site offers different ways to track quantifiable data available on the web. I'll have to play with it some more before I make any comment on its usefulness or uselessness.

Quiet weekend, so I'll let it drop there. Looking forward to a reasonably quiet Monday, even though I have more work to do on HAL5's pitch for ISDC 2011. Draft done, anyway. Progress!

No comments: