Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Potpourri C

One hundred of these mixed-bag entries already. Wow. Guess it's becoming a habit. So let's see what's up next, shall we?

The ever-classy Bill Maher on what Obama needs to do to pass healthcare. Did you know we all are stupid? That Obama should force nationalized healthcare through, even if the majority of Americans don't want it? That a Republican congressman "should wake up with an intern's head in his bed"? This is scary stuff, if only because I'm afraid he believes it.

The Daily Mail has a fun article on a recycling shower. This would be really useful if we ever built a spacecraft/space habitat with artificial gravity.

More sweetness and light on the Constellation Program, this time from the New York Times. Did I mention I go on vacation soon? Not a moment too soon, apparently...

And here's another from Aviation Week. Reading the news is becoming bad for me.

Someone has decided to make a movie out of quite possibly the worst book I've ever read: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. Some friends gave it to me, thinking I'd find it amusing. Actually, no I didn't. I've gotten stuffy in my creaky old age. Lewd, rude, sexist, offensive, degrading...and those were the tame parts, from what I've been told. I read two or three chapters and recycled the thing. As Gertrude Stein once wrote of Atlas Shrugged, "This book should not be thrown away lightly. It should be thrown with great force!"

Oh, hey! Just saw this: it's the 400th anniversary of Galileo inventing the telescope. Cool!

From Melissa: "Don't Inject Me (The Swine Flu Vaccine Song)." Hm. Medical rap. Gotta admit, that's a new one.

From Anthony: a video explaining healthcare "on the back of a napkin." Actually a pretty decent explanation.

No comments: