Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Better

I am not known as a "do-gooder," to the extent that I do not make it a mission life to actively make the world a better place. Some might argue the point, but let's just say that activism isn't my thing.

That said, I'd like to think that I can make the world a better place through my interactions with my fellow human beings and other creatures. Or, barring that, I can at least not make things worse by being a jerk. Case in point: the guy (or gal) who zoomed down a country road in their vehicle, clipped a deer, and left it wounded and paralyzed for Dr. OZMG to find on her run today. If you see other life sharing the road, do you not make some effort to avoid it? Failing that, if you hit the critter, especially a big one, do you not pause a moment to find out what the heck happened and whether you can render compassionate aid? Just askin'.

No comments: