Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Novel First Draft

59,770 words later, I can lay claim to having written a first draft of a complete novel. It's 115 pages, and it tells the story I wanted to tell. Mind you, now I've got the grandfather of all editing jobs ahead of me, and I'm going to need to be brave enough to let trusted friends read/edit it. I'm not quite ready for all that yet. Tomorrow I'll write a back-of-the-book blurb so you folks out there in Cyberland have at least a summary of what I've been doing.

I kicked out something like 7,000 words this evening, which was more than triple my usual average. Right now I suppose the feeling I have is drained. But it's something I can cross off the to-do list, at least from one point of view.

Peace and happy thoughts, y'all.

No comments: