More Packing Items
I have a general idea of what clothing I'll be bringing to Europe (guideline #1: pack light). RickSteves.com has a pretty thorough packing list. It's the little stuff that keeps multiplying. Here's where the "small stuff" list stands right now:
- First aid kit
--Laxative (for those fine "binding" moments)
- Photocopies of ID, passport, credit cards, emergency contact #s, etc.
- Prescriptions (ain't it just a treat getting old?)
- Day pack/small backpack (recommended by Karen in FL--thanks!)
- Ziploc bags (for, among other things, the prescriptions
- Deep Woods Off!
- Small towel
A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have... any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
--The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
- Shout/stain remover
- Lock for backpack
- Small flashlight
- Water bottle
- AA batteries
- Power adapter
- Charging widget for iPod
- Compact umbrella
- Cola can w/bits of metal junk (good anti-theft device)
- Clothes freshener
- Travel alarm
- Travel-size shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- TP (per my sister--thanks!), though obviously a full shrink-wrapped four-pack is not an option.
And no doubt other weird stuff will crop up as I get closer to travel time. Yeep! What am I missing?