Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finger-Lickin' Good: Oh, the Horror!

So my sister called me up this evening after a few adult beverages (fair is fair, I'd had a few beersh myself), and felt like talking a bit. At one point in the conversation, she griped about the fact that our mother had licked her fingers after eating something. "Oh my god! You can't do that!" she'd scolded Mom.

I said, "Well, I'm curious about where you got this belief. You obviously didn't get it from me and Mom. I lick my fingers as well."

Pandemonium! Weeping! Wailing! Gnashing of teeth! Apparently this is a bad thing. "When you go to Hooters," Sis explained, "You've got those big paper towel things. They're not for your mouth, they're for your fingers!"

I just kept chuckling, mostly because her moral outrage was too precious for words. I informed her, "I don't want to miss anything."

"You don't do that!" When she calmed down, we changed topics. But I can't wait until I have my next chat with Mom. What a hoot! Anyhow, apparently I'd better stop licking my fingers...around my sister.

No comments: